In addition to the readiness of the car, driving style also affects fuel consumption. "The style of driving affects fuel consumption by 20 percent," said Bettina Schmidt, Germany's BMW driving instructor.
Wow! technology owned by a modern car can help us to drive in an efficient manner. How do I? The following steps are given by Bettina.
- Turn on the machine and proceeded to move. No need to warm up too long, because modern technology makes the machine to work right away when it meet cold conditions.
- Be a driver who can "see far ahead." That is, pay attention to traffic conditions you are going through. For example, if the front was a traffic light has turned yellow, immediately reduce speed. Likewise if there appeared to be a queue. If you have time, listen to traffic information before traveling.
- Note the style of driving through the information screen in the car. Some of the latest car models, have been equipped with gearshift indicator and fuel consumption in real-time. This indicator would lead you to move the teeth in the most appropriate time, and maintaining engine speed at the most efficient fuel flow.
- Lift the foot of the gas pedal as early as possible when they want to quit. This will directly reduce the supply of fuel to the engine.
- While waiting at traffic lights, railway crossings or in a traffic jam, turn off the engine. This is a basic principle of technology start / stop automatic saving fuel.
Accelerating Economic latest tips from Bettina's how to do an economical medium acceleration. "The principle is to hold the position of the teeth as high as possible. Then, hold the gas pedal 2 / 3 full when it is accelerated, until the desired speed is reached. Do not lower the transmission gear," he explained.
For example, the BMW 320i manual transmission, acceleration of speed of 50 km / h to 100 km / h by using the teeth 5, to 10 percent fuel savings compared to using a tooth 3.